TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion 1st Year of Use

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1st Year of Use
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:08:21 -0000
There are many things in life I don't understand and this posting is
certainly one of 'em.

Why would having multiple rigs be detrimental to the evaluation of one of
them?  I would think the corollary more valid.

I own two Orions, two FT1000Mps, one of which is a Mk V, an Omni VI+, a
TS870, TS930, TS570 and various other stuff.  I have tried out but declined
to own a myriad of other rigs and have owned and parted company with many
others.

I choose to use Orion in almost all circumstances over all of the others I
still own and over all those I have parted company with or have never
brought myself to own.  Why?  Easy.  I find Orion to be much better for my
use of radio.  YMMV but I am a CW and latterly an RTTY contester, my phone
use is casual and SSB.  I find the general utility of Orion better than
anything I've ever used before and the xmit quality on CW and SSB to be
unsurpassed.

Other folks have different views.  Good for them. If there was something out
there which surpassed Orion's performance, I'd buy it.  So far as I can see,
there isn't.

Of course this doesn't mean that those folks who don't own Orions won't
continue to rubbish them.  It maybe interesting to note that during my
lifetime, I have owned many things which have failed to meet my expectations
fully but I have never felt even the slightest need or desire to sign-up to
reflectors to let the world know.  I guess it takes a special kind of person
to feel the burdon of that kind of civic duty :-))

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F