TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Comments on "Repairs"

To: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Comments on "Repairs"
From: "John Huffman" <hjohnc@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:18:09 -0500
> The pegasus just uses forward power for drive reduction and does not use
> current.
>
> Carl Moreschi N4PY

My Pegasus is at the factory for repair of blown finals.  When they went, my
power supply, Samlex 1223 23amp, got so hot you could smell it.

I've been using an external LDG AT-200Pro autotuner, sometimes at full power.
When tuning the relays clatter and the SWR jumps all over the place until a
match is made in about 10 seconds if a new match.  If a previous match is in
memory, it takes less than a second.

I assume this tuning when matched with no breaker is the cause of my problems.
Incidentally, the reverse SWR on my Pegasus also wasn't working, but I'm not
sure that contributed to the problem.

I assume from the discussion I need an Airpax breaker in the positive lead from
the power supply.  What current rating for the Pegasus?  Model number?  Ward
Electronics?

Thanks in advance,

73 de NA8M
John