TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: Lightning and Grounds

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Lightning and Grounds
From: "n4lq" <n4lq@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:31:45 -0400
Good but I feel it's important to keep the antenna at ground potential. I
found this out the hard way once when lightning actually hit the cf zepp
directly. It came down the feeder then jumped 10 feet to the nearest
electrical outlet destroying nearly everything electrical in the house. The
zepp and feeder evaporated leaving small shreds of insulation around the
yard!
Steve Ellington
N4LQ@insightbb.com