TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion-II 15m TX Spur?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion-II 15m TX Spur?
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:35:52 -0700
I just checked on my spectrum analyzer and found no spur at 11.8 MHz at any
power level on my O2.  I used a 5-foot dipole outside about 75' from the
antenna, which is hardly a laboratory-grade test set up, but I'm sure I
would have seen something if it was there.  I did find the IF leak at 12.105
MHz, but it was -50 dBc, well within the requirements, if there was any
accuracy at all to my test setup.  The preferred test method would be
running into a dummy load through a Bird wattmeter using a calibrated
sampling slug.

Ron N6AHA