TenTec

[TenTec] Kachin/Pegasus = Apples/Oranges???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kachin/Pegasus = Apples/Oranges???
From: kayser@king.igs.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:07:00 -0400
Greetings All:

I am surprised that Kachina would be willing to expose themselves to some
harsh criticism for comparing apples to oranges and failing to acknowledge
the fact in their memo.

When I read the Kachina memo I see statements that are not related to the
radios at all (but relevant to the associated computers), I also see
statements that compare what I see as a "system" (Kachina) versus a "stand
alone radio" that Ten Tec says is not even intended for Remote Control
service.  Kachina is becoming known for its Remote Control capabilities, a
market niche that Kachina is becoming known for covering.

Frankly comparing these radios  demonstrates a failure to understand that
they are different with different target markets.  I suggest that if you are
trying to make a "BUY" decision between these two products you probably have
an incomplete idea what you want the radio to do for you.

Conclusion:
What identifiable amateur radio market segment is the Pegasus targeted at?
When we figure out what Ten Tec intended versus what actually becomes the
primary market segment that buys the product we will have excellent
knowledge on which to see the new Pegasus product.

73
Larry
VA3LK