TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ocean noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ocean noise
From: "Richard Donovan" <n5xm@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:31:03 -0600
      I imagine I'm preaching to the choir here, but I would suggest going
to both SSB and CW modes and play with the Programmable ACG settings on your
O2.  There are articles available about this subject, and you guys probably
know this stuff already, but the ACG settings for best CW and SSB operation
are totally different.  I set my Orion for SSB, and when I went back to CW,
I forgot to change the parameters, and I could hear only the ocean sound, no
signals at all until I reset things.  Just a thought.  Richard, n5xm