TenTec

[TenTec] OT: Ten-Tec Reflector's "Most improved player, 2010"

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Ten-Tec Reflector's "Most improved player, 2010"
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 21:53:57 -0500
Gentlemen (plus any YL who may also secretly read these posts),

I would like to propose we recognize a superb effort by one of our members.

Richards, James, Jim, whatever you prefer to be called, I am impressed by
the stellar improvements you have made in your technical posts here during
2010.

In the beginning I chuckled at some of the stuff you posted; I remember
later in the year being suddenly impressed by a post of yours, and now you
are really posting challenging stuff.  It is clear you are studying and have
worked hard at it.  Too bad more hams don't have your attitude and
dedication.

I would like to be the first one to say to you, "Welcome aboard; we're happy
to have you."

Like you, I'm not an engineer; most of us are not, but I have followed
antenna technology all of my 48 year career.

(and used Ten-Tec products for 36 years)

In the last week I have learned that there is still quite a lot I need to
learn.

I have a couple of specific points I will go study up on.

Currently, two of our most learned members do not agree with each other on
one point.

I highly respect both and don't know what to think.

But that conversation was so high above me, it doesn't really matter.

I'm much more concerned with practical things.  Actually building antennas
and trying them.

The beauty of the Ten-Tec reflector is that we have an abundance of people
here who do know what they are talking about and the moderator allows us
(from time to time) to drift off topic a bit.

I do not have enough time to participate in several reflectors.

If you have to choose just one to hang out with, I think this is the one.

Keep up the good work James, and keep up your posts, don't be afraid to be
wrong every now and then.

We all are.

73

Rick, DJ0IP (currently NJ0IP/4)