TenTec

[TenTec] Jupiter Distorted RX and TX

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Distorted RX and TX
From: Paul Matthews" <kb4gyt@mindspring.com (Paul Matthews)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:34:54 +0100
Hello TT Fans:

I have a question and I know someone here has the answer!
I inherited a Jupiter from my father who only used it for SWLing. He =
purchased it from TT early last Fall. I have noticed that it has =
distortion on RX and TX on 30m and below. I have tried updating firmware =
and grounding and it makes no difference. It really sounds like I am not =
able to tune in the signal on cw or ssb to clarify it. On TX I have =
received reports that it sounds "raspy" and I can hear it with the cans =
on.
I want to send it back to TT for installation of the internal tuner and =
have them fix the problem while it is there. Any info would be =
appreciated and I will pass it along in the description of the problem.
Thanks!
Paul

multipart/alternative
  text/html