TenTec

Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:37:01 -0800
We set up something like that every FD using an Orion II.  We found that the
OII was perfectly clean and we could operate on the same band at the other
transceiver with no interference FROM the OII, but the ICom blew S-5 wide-band
noise that I could see on a spectrum analyzer.  You can't get that out once
it's generated.

Those bandpass filters multi multi's use won't work either since they cover the
whole band.

Our solution was to set up the antennas side-to-side about 200' apart and use a
Mark V at the other station.  Worked perfect!

             Ron Castro
                  N6IE
         www.N6IE.com
              Member: