TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Mics

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mics
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:14:59 -0600
Actually, SSB is a narrow band communication mode and never was intended to
"sound good".  Hence the existence of good sounding AM remains.  Regardless
of it being deemed by some to be an outdated mode.

Take any portion of the audio spectrum, chop it to a 2.4KHz bandwidth and
one has "telephone quality" designed for effective communication.

73
Bob, K4TAX
AM Forever