TenTec

[TenTec] T-T 301 Picture

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-T 301 Picture
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:10:55 -0500
(Since you cc'd the reflector, I figured maybe I should, too. )

Hi, Jim

>Nice homepage and nice station.....
Thanks.  I've already changed it bigtime...at least where the 301
is concerned.  Check it out again.

http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/kg5u.html  then click on "Model 301."

>coupla' questions...

>Is your CRT under your operating table??
Yes.  I think there is a link somewhere on the kg5u.html page
(desk.html?) to a page that describes what I went through to hang
the monitor.  Works great.

My computer desk across the room from the radio desk also has a
underdesk monitor.  It came equipped with it (it's a O'Sullivan I
picked up at Office Depot).
I find it very convenient and frees up lots of table top
space...although you do need to keep the desktop glass clear so
you can see the monitor....

>Do you use the super SCAF with the OMNI? I have one on my
S-line...never
>thot to hook it up to the ONMI. I didn't think it would add
much...
Sometimes...I've had a problem with it from time to time and no
amount of beads, caps, seems to help....once in a while it
develops a hiss, which I can kill by cycling the power switch,
it's a little bit bothersome sometimes...the hiss is not loud, so
its nothing really objectionable...just one of those niggling
little things....

As for using it with the Omni and enhancing the Omni...it does
help kill off the low end rumble and noise that my stereo
headphones
pick up easily (sometimes the 'phones rumble so low that I think
it's someone knocking at the front door).  I can highpass for
anything over 400 Hz and it's
very comfortable and actually reduces a lot of noise, albeit weak
noise.

>Is the cabinet on the 301 from TT??
Yes.  I think it was one of the last they had...Paul in Service
said that they had virtually nothing left of 301 parts when I
called
them back after getting mine and to see if there were more parts
available.

>Did you upgrade the SNAPPY software and was it worth it???

I sent off the check for the upgrade the other day....for the low
end upgrade option...don't need/care for the software they
offered....

73,
dale, kg5u