TenTec

[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:08:34 -0400
Hi,

> You raise a great point, Walter. In spite of the bashing the Delta II/
> Argonaut II took from QST, those rigs filled a niche Ten Tec has not since
> filled.

I have played with the Delta II (though I've never owned one) and it seemed
to me that the combination of the Jones filter and PBT did more to sort out
a desired weak signal from between strong ones and make it readable than
anything else I've tried.  I've always wanted one of these, but right now
the $895 Ten Tec wants for a refurbished one is a little out of my budget.
IMHO, they were excellent rigs.  Besides, I'd rather spend that kind of
money on a 526 when it comes out, since I have a very adequate Ten Tec HF
rig.  It's just not as nice as a Delta II.

> Nonetheless, I wish they would produce something like a "Scout II"
> that wouldn't require modules, wouldn't have the drift problems, and would
> have a few more features.

I work with computers for a living, and when I go to play with my radios,
the last thing I want to deal with is a PC.  A Scout II would serve my
needs, and would be something I would be likely to buy.

Regards,
Caity
KU4QD