TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Butternut HF6V Problem And Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Butternut HF6V Problem And Question
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:19:13 -0500
You are using the piece of 75 ohm coax/matching line with the HF6V.  I no
longer have the HV6V but I seem to recall that it's about 11 ft long.  It's
required for proper operation.  Also, a good ground system, more than a
single driven ground or 2, is required for the HF6V to operate.  Radials
will be necessary.

It is not a Tentec radio problem.  I've used both with great success.

73 Bob, K4TAX