TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?
From: "Rich McCabe" <r.mccabe@1967z28.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:32:28 -0600
Well I think I understand Bill's comments although maybe not the wording.

I have been an avid Ten-Tec fan for several years and have owned 6 or 7 rigs
and various other pieces including the RX-320, 3 kits and a Hercules II.

I dont think the Orion II is to ambitous for me or the average ham. Its not
for everyone I am sure because of price and those that dont like to tinker.

I was recently in the market for a new HF rig and after reviewing the
options I chose to by a Icom Pro III. This is a choice I have yet to regret
with the exception I would much rather be dealing with the guys in TN. Guys
that have been pretty good to me.

I chose the Pro III because I thought the Orion development was too
"ambitious" and looking at the revision history in firmware, it was a lot of
messing around that I did not want to deal with. I want something that was
more stable and requires less tinkering. Something the Orion appears to be
less of compared to any other previous offering from Ten Tec.

As far as a Jupiter II? Heck yes. I cant believe they have not released one
yet. Take the basic Jupiter, paint it black, add a color display, add
roofing filters and I think they would have a product that would sell like
crazy.

In a nutshell, I would buy one !

73,
Rich