TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII QSK users with good ears....

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII QSK users with good ears....
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:14:10 -0500
>> By contrast, the Omni Six's open-frame amp relay is quite loud.  There
are
>> other noiseless solutions for that, including the bypassing of the amp
relay
>> with a high-voltage, high-current MOSFET switch, capable of silently
>> switching nearly any AC or DC amp key line.

>As i happen to have an OMNI VI+, i would sure appreciate a point in the
>correct direction for a replacement to the noisy amp relay.
>Thank - you.

Tell us a bit more about the type of amp you're trying to interface and your
level of comfort with soldering/de-soldering a couple components inside the
rig.  I can guide you through this, but you'll need to open the rig and make
a few minor changes -- all reversible if you later sell it.

Paul, W9AC