TenTec

[TenTec] Offest tuning range in Triton IV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Offest tuning range in Triton IV
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 09:47:33 -0700
Esteemed Reflectees,
My Triton IV 544 uses a 10K ohm pot as the offest tuning pot according to
the scat. It will vary the rcvd freq up or down around 3 khz. I feel that
the control is far too touchy and would like to reduce its "touchiness".

I am looking at installing a 5K pot vice a 10K. I THINK this will reduce the
tuning range by half and the "touchiness" by half making it much smoother
and less radical. As long as I can go up or down a khz I am happy.

Will let the list know if it works or if I have overlooked something really
simple...like my "IF Shi**&^t" post a few days ago.

Lane
KM3G
San Diego