TenTec

[TenTec] Old Modes never die... they just get soundcard support!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Old Modes never die... they just get soundcard support!
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Fri Apr 4 18:33:58 2003
Gerry, I agree with you 1000% -- but I still occasionally miss the sounds &
smell of that Model 15 in the shack.   Even though maintaining it & the
tube-type TU (remember when we used to call THOSE modems as opposed to what
we hook to the computer these days -- well, some of us still hook to the
computer at least) was a royal PITA and you had to be a mechanic sometimes
to keep the old TTY units running.

But still...

Software can't replace everything.

73, ron wn3vaw

"There must be some mistake.  The Pirates in first? QRM on my end,
probably."
--John W3ULS (and there's no QRM, either)