TenTec

[TenTec] Omni V Closet Kilowatt -- It's a keeper!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Closet Kilowatt -- It's a keeper!
From: ve7asr@islandnet.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:18:46 -0800
Hello all!  Well I've had the Omni V, Hercules and Model 238 Tuner for a
couple of weeks and I love it!  Sofar all the problems have been very minor
and the on air reports have been excellent.

The only thing not resolved is the BP pot - the effect seems minimal when
it's turned full cycle.  Several of the buttons need to be replaced and I
was wondering if anyone has done that job (TUNE, CW, LSB, USB, FAST and the
UP and DOWN arrows).

This weekend with the contest I put it on the bench next to my Icom IC-761
and on weak signals the difference was amazing!  The Omni V is definitely a
keeper.

73 de Rick VE7ASR

PS:  If you know of anyone looking for a loaded  9 out of 10  Icom 761 let
me know - hi hi!