TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Triton 540 Output SSB output question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Triton 540 Output SSB output question
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:48:28 -0000
David, that was a great rig, of course with some age on it now. I bought
mine new in '81 and kept it probably a year. I had a friend that wanted it
really bad since the receiver was so quiet, so I ended up selling it to him.
I think it was a few years later I bought a 544 with matching PS and remote
VFO. If Ten Tec still works on them, they can probably bring it back to tip
top shape. It should be putting out 100 watts, and you should be able to get
the little ALC light to light up on SSB. The best mics I found for the
540/544 where non amplified D 104's on Shure 444. There are probably a lot
others. I bought my 540 after passing my General test at the Murrah building
in '81, and sold my Century 21. I'm sure once fixed, you'll enjoy the Triton
4.

73, Mike K9MI