TenTec

[TenTec] newbie

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] newbie
From: jwwhite@gate.net (Jim White)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:41:52 -0400
Hi, I am new to this list, so I thought I'd introduce myself..My name is Jim
White K1EXE- I live in Hudson, Fl (formerly of N.H.) My Main station set-up
is a TT Omni six plus/PS , Centaur Amp. and TT 238 Tuner. My ant. is Either
80M dipole /450 ohm ladderline  or 20M 2El. Yagi (homebrew shortened job). I
operate CW preferably, but lately have gotten stuck on SSB, chasing DX. Also
operate mobile, if I can get my son to run the coax--My son (N1XBP) is
currently in college studying Computer Info Systems. Can anyone recommend
Contest/logging software ?? I  read a post regarding Omni IV control, and it
was said that a converter needed to be built--Why??- Mine says "RS232" on
the back-Did I miss something??
Thanks Jim White