TenTec

[TenTec] RE: CW (straight keys)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: CW (straight keys)
From: steam@megsinet.net (Steam)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:07:45 -0600
There is a lot of interest in what straight key is of good quality for
reasonable price. I see a lot of guys mention the j-38. Only bummer
is you have to find one, then get gouged on an item that was
originally pretty cheap. On the other side of the coin, I see guys
mention keys that cost in the hundreds of dollars. A bit rediculous,
in my opinion.

For my money, the Nye Master key is the best I've seen for the
money. I think it's about 60 bucks, and is solid as a rock on the
table due to it's heavy base. It also uses contacts that are enclosed
in the base. AND, it's currently in production.

There's a picture of one on my ham page, url at the bottom.

Do a search on your favorite search engine on Nye Viking, and
you'll come across several places where they are available.

73... Mike, N9IVO

Mike Pender, N9IVO   Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
E-Mail:            steam@megsinet.net
Web Page:    http://www.megsinet.com/steam