TenTec

[TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V4 #145

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Amateur Radio Digest V4 #145
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 20:17:16 -0000
Don't have to go to 'exotic' things like PI and e, simple things like 1/3 do
not have an exact representation as a decimal fraction
(0.33333333...333333....33333).

Similarly some somple fractions (do not have an exact binary representation
e.g. 0.1 is a repeating binary fraction.  Others like 0.25 do have axact
binary representations.