TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 Display glitch

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 Display glitch
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:10:32 +0000
Don, before you go inside your radio, turn it around and check your power
cord's plug. I had two of my Omni VI's develop a slightly high resistance
connection in the Molex power jack. It appeared any slight change in current
draw may "heal" a hi resistance contact and return the bulbs and display to
normal. That included transmitting, turning the rig off and back on, and
changing the display intensity.

I cleaned the pins with contact cleaner, then used an ice pick to slightly
tighten the female (fixed to the rig) power connector a bit. Tight enough to
make me use some muscle to get the plug end seated! No further lamp or display
dimming.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E