TenTec

Re: [TenTec] New Competition for Orion 2

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Competition for Orion 2
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:53:16 -0700
Cute, and still less than a 7800, but not much.  The 600 Watt flavor is less
than the full-blown FT-9000.  The Germans are capable of producing
top-quality equipment, but their cost of labor is so out of proportion with
the US or Japan due to all their bloated and failed social programs that
I'll be surprised if this turns out to be any better a performer than an
IC-756 without the band scope at a near-IC-7800 price, unless it's actually
being manufactured in China like Behringer does.

Ron N6AHA