TenTec

[TenTec] Ten Tec Cure for Clicking Omni 6 a No Go

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Cure for Clicking Omni 6 a No Go
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:29:46 -0500
Dale,

Have you tried disconnecting plug 52 on the IF/AF Circuit Board?  My Omni
had the same problem and after bypassing the sidetone "wraparound" circuit,
the problem went away completely.

If you haven't tried it, simply unplug connector 52.  If it works for you,
use a tie-wrap and fasten it next to an adjacent cable bundle.  The sidetone
circuit still works without it, only now the volume control controls it but
the sidetone mix is still adjustable using your "ST" button.  They should
have designed it like this from the beginning.

-Paul, W9AC