TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Tuner Questions

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner Questions
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:00:45 -0600
I'll echo Barry's recommendation.  My two antennas are a Butternut HF2V
vertical with a 160m kit on it, and a short 40m G5RV at 30'.  I have run at
100 watts to a full gallon on all bands from 160m -  10m on all HF bands
except for 60m (just not interested in it).  The 238B has always tuned
repeatably, and well.  No problems at all.  Yes, the first time you tune an
antenna on a new band it may take a while to find a match, but once you have
it, you can repeat it easily if you note the settings.  I've worked 7BDXCC
and have ~320 confirmed entities, so it's not just my opinion - it works
great for me!

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas