TenTec

[TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't
From: info4mjs@att.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:20:42 +0000
I'm not sure what all the fuss is over.  Mark, PA5MW
posted a general comment referring to a review of another "high performance"
radio.  I believe Mark's intent was to say that there is no perfect radio and
one needs to consider many things when shopping for another radio and cited
Julian's review.  He certainly is entitled to his opinion and I didn't see
anything wrong with using this list to do so.

On the other hand, criticizing an Elecraft K3 review on this list by a noted
Elecraft supporter seems to be a bit off base in my opinion.  While Bill can
post anywhere he likes, I don't think his comments are appropriate in the
context of the original posting.  But while we're on it, I do think that
Elecraft is the only high performance radio that has advertised certain
features that currently are not implemented so I support Julian's comments.  I
do not believe that he is alone either.  Most of the people that I've
corresponded with that have either sold or are selling their K3's are for the
very reasons that Julian pointed out.

Lastly,  I'm not sure why Bill is so defensive.  Despite Julian's constructive
criticism, he still rated the K3 a 4 out of 5, which is a nice review.

Like my dad used to tell me and my brother...fight nicely boys.

Mike, WA1SEO