TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Pegasus

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Pegasus
From: "David & Chris Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:13:57 -0400
I doubt any manufacturer would repair a rig that was heavily modified and
then guarantee the repair.   In this particular case, the lightning strike
likely damaged the modded circuits as well.   Their techs are no doubt
trained to repair to OEM specs only.  I would not fault Ten Tec for their
position.  If I were them, I'd do the same thing.

The important thing for the Pegasus is what started.  IE; computer
controlled radio.   And Ten Tec led the way.

Unfortunately, the Pegasus rigs are now getting some age on them.  As some
point they will simply be what we now call "boat anchors".  And that day is
getting closer all the time.
David
Wd9cmd