TenTec

Re: [TenTec] RX366, v3 firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366, v3 firmware
From: amsctalx@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:25:11 +0000 (UTC)
I am not overly concerned about labels; I would like to switch the output
between the receivers. I could, that way, use the RXs on different bands, and
switch the proposed IF output between receivers and not switch the receivers
themselves. This would have the benefit, at a minimum, to reduce the switching
of my amps, antennas, filters etc - just to change which receiver the IF output
is attached to.

I think that A) the "secondary-only" solution is acceptable for most casual
operation; indeed I wonder how many people actually use the 2nd receiver at all
and B) this is a feature that isn't, to the best of my knowledge, is available
on competitive transceivers. I think it is simply more elegant and utilitarian
for many people than "flipping" receivers - and their attendant peripherals.

Mike Alexander

amsctalx@comcast.net