TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: Al Baker <w5iz@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:29:30 -0800 (PST)
It is sure nice to see some traffic on the reflector...I thought the K3 had
stolen all the attention.

Unfortunately, the thread about firmware has started again despite Scott's
earlier post that there would be no new Orion or Orion II firmware forthcoming
until TenTec finished, at some time in 2008, the RX4XX project that had been
overdue.

I think many users of the Orion and Orion II have already moved to the K-3
since the Elecraft folks seem to be able to fix software bugs as they ramp up
output of K-3 production.

I still have my Orion and Orion II but have K-3s on order and will probably
move to K-3s as primary radios. I am glad to have both while awaiting K-3
delivery.  Notwithstanding the remaining bugs, the Orion and Orion II do work
the dx I hear. <g>

Happy Holidays all de Al, W5IZ