TenTec

[TenTec] N4NT - Power Line Noise Document (was NB for Triton 544)

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] N4NT - Power Line Noise Document (was NB for Triton 544)
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
Mike, N4NT, has been kind enough to let me post his document "Power line (and
other) Interference" on my website.

     http://www.ve7tk.com

After you enter the site,  the button to the article is in the "Misc Ten-Tec
Information" section.

Enjoy.

 73,
Rick
VE7TK

----------------

Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544
Sunday, July 25, 2010 07:42:24
From:Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
To:<tentec@contesting.com>

The  noise blanker in my 544 is extremely effective against line noise.  I'm
told it would work well with ignition noise, too.  But I believe it is  not
much
punkin' on atmospheric noise.  (I have been wrong before).

My  Omni-C noise blanker was a poor imitation of the 544 blanker UNTIL I  made
its circuitry identical to the latter -- then it worked very well,  indeed. It
was an easy, reversible modification to the Omni-C blanker.

I  wrote an extremely brilliant analysis of locating sources of line  noise. It
used to be online but is no more.  I can email it to anybody  who is
interested.  If anyone can post it and deems it worthy, I'll send  it to just
one person.  It is a very small file.

Mike N4NT