TenTec

[TenTec] Argonaut V - A/B comparison with the K2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V - A/B comparison with the K2
From: ke9v@comcast.net (Jeff Davis)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 09:24:19 -0500
I am following this thread with interest. I don't doubt Paul's
veracity, but I think I will wait for some lab tested reviews.

If the Argonaut V can hear as well or better than the K2 then it is two
or three evolutionary steps above the Pegasus.

My Pegasus is a great SSB rig but for CW, the Peg can't even begin to
compare with my K2. I've done side by side testing time and again and
find the receiver in the Peg to be much noisier and much less sensitive
than that of my K2.

And that doesn't take into account that any station near my frequency
on the Peg causes thumping in the receiver which is something that I
don't observe even in contest situations with my K2.

No hate mail please, I'm a BIG fan of TenTec and own a lot of their
gear.

All I'm saying is the new Argo must have been reinvented from the
ground up if it's in the same ballpark as the K2.

I have been under the impression that the new radio was more or less a
repackaged Jupiter/Pegasus in a smaller format.

Am I wrong?

--
73 de Jeff