TenTec

RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion
From: "RM" <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:59:50 -0500
Mike,

First, never believe any thing that any individual may say on any reflector
whether its positive or negative.

Next, determine if there is any kind of pattern or logic in the general
population of statements/claims be made, whether positive or negative.

My observation is that most hams tend to have negative outlook (my opinion
of being a ham for 41 years)

Then make your decision.

I have an Orion, and it is the best rig that I have had ..... I really do
not have the problems that the folks are discussing.  I could repeat some of
the quirkier issues (repeatable over a large population) from the past.

Compared to my last four non software based radios (Kenwoods TS930 and
TS940, and Icoms Ic-765 and IC775DSP,  I got to pay big time for the
privilege of fixing design or manufacturing flaws in three of those models.

My opinion is that you will be very happy with the Orion and should consider
it the Number 1 choice.

Ron.....NU1U