TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Airpax part number

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax part number
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:34:31 -0500
On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 21:16 -0400, Martin Ewing wrote:
> I looked at the PoCo site, and it seems that the model number may be
>
> T11-51-20.0A-01-11C-V

The critical sections of that part number are 51 for fast DC and 20.0A
for 20 amps. All the rest define electrically uncritical things like
toggle handle color, mounting hardware color, and the presence or
absence of auxiliary switches.

> "51" is one of their delay specs (fast DC).
>
> Anyway, I also looked at site given by N6AHA -
> http://www.solarseller.com/dc_circuit_breaker_breakers_rated_up_to_80_volts.htm
>
> That seems to be a very similar part (better, I think) and very cheap.  I
> ordered several.

Based on my study of the PoCo web page the critical numbers in that
breaker's part number are the 61 for fast DC and the 20.0A. It does have
an auxiliary switch, useful for remotely indicating its tripped. Its
significantly larger physically, but a gang of them will mount
beautifully with a copper buss bar on the supply side for a really nice
hamshack (or Airstream) DC power distribution. The one I made years ago
has at least four styles of breakers. And hasn't enough receptacles so I
need to make a larger (or just another one). I ordered 20, before I
recommended their order on this list. Maybe I should have ordered more.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,