TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Subject: Abbreviations used by amateurs.doc

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Subject: Abbreviations used by amateurs.doc
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:50:11 -0600
On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 10:23 -0500, Bwana Bob wrote:
> No HF, even as backup? Ancient history now, but I was in Tel Aviv on
> business in 1993 and all the embassies I saw had HF antennas on the
> rooftops. Interestingly, most were dipoles fed with 600 ohm open wire
> line. One embassy had an HF log periodic.
>
> Wasn't the Ten Tec Paragon sold under GSA contract to government
> agencies? I wonder if any are tucked away in a corner of an embassy comm
> room somewhere... Just in case.

At least one such station showed up in FEMA circles for domestic use.

Some of those tend to use the B&W leaky dummy load antenna for rapid
frequency change. (T2FD)

ALE and picky equipment stability and selectivity rules have made much
workable HF equipment not acceptable on government HF bands.

>                                       73,
>
>                                       Bob WB2VUF

73, Jerry, K0CQ