TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+

To: joe@dk7vw.de,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+
From: "Wayne Whitman" <wwhitman@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:17:21 -0600
Well Joe, I suspect there might be some Icom or Yaesu owners out there
that might disagree :) But no K3 owners!

To me, it all depends on what you want to use them for.

I can see that the Orion II would be a superior rig for contesters or
serious dxers, but for ragchewing or casual dx, psk, etc, like I do, I
actually prefer the filter selection buttons and the passband tuning on
the Omni.

I have to say that if I had obtained the Omni VI+ first, I would
probably not have purchased the O2.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:00:36 +0100, "Werner 'Joe' Jochem DK7VW"
<joe@dk7vw.de> said:
> Wayne Whitman wrote:
>
> > ... Omni VI+ which now
> > sits beside my Orion II.
> >
> > Now when I get a K3 for portable work, maybe, well just maybe, I can
> > stop collecting radios!
>
> Then you'll have got the best three radios in the world. But I just
> don't want to ratchet up an argument about their ranking. ;-)
>
> 73 Joe DK7VW
  Wayne Whitman
  Cell:270-282-3550
  wwhitman@fastmail.fm