TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Bird Model 43 Slug For Sale

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bird Model 43 Slug For Sale
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:11:35 -0600
On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 11:26 -0600, Donald L. Schliesser wrote:

> OK, OK - so I made a little mistake - sounded like a good thing !
> Thanks for correcting me - Now you can buy my slug and use it
> correctly.
>
> I am looking for a 1000H slug - 1000w. 2-30 MHz - anyone out there
> have one for sale?  And no, I do not want to use it for reverse
> power only.
>
> Donald, K6RV

I already have such a slug, bought at a hamfest for a few bucks (decades
ago) and it wasn't quite worth the fine price because it had suffered
from two much RF. Actually a couple such low power slugs that didn't
work.

In your sale posting you say "not scratched", "in the original
protective case", but you don't say "not used" or known good. So buyers
are to buy a "pig in a poke" with the price hinting its good but without
the slight assurance it works and is in calibration. Not me.

But then I find my 50 watt slug reads 5 watts just fine.

73, Jerry, K0CQ