TenTec

Re: [TenTec] New Rig....

To: Tim Randa <tranda@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig....
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:38:21 -0600
On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 00:52 -0500, Tim Randa wrote:
> Jerry, You might look at the side tone mod Steve Ellington N4LQ came up
> with. It's very simple to do and you end up using the spot tone as your
> side tone. Very easy on the ears and very easy to undo if you don't like
> it. It does disable the spot feature but I'd say few people  use that
> anyway.
>
> 73 de Tim KØFL

I read about that on the wiki while checking up on the differences. It
only works on the Corsair, not on my Corsair II.

And since I KNOW the relaxation oscillator faithfully follows my keying
and it sounds better than the high pitched buzzer I once practiced code
with, I get along just fine.

Spot on the Corsair II moves the PTO over the transmit offset and you
tune for zero beat.

73, Jerry, K0CQ