TenTec

Re: [TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity

To: lciotti@twcny.rr.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:38:22 -0700
Why not try to troubleshoot it rather than randomly changing parts?

Do you have a signal source for audio and a tunable one for RF?

Start injecting an AF signal at the speaker audio amp and work
backwards down the change towards the antenna. Switch to an IF
injected signal at the product detector (and any other mixers). Then
RF when you get past the first mixer (try each band).

You find which sections don't work when he signal disappears then you
can figure what is broken in each section.

73 DE N7WIM / G8UDP
Kevin Purcell
kevinpurcell@pobox.com