TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:35:51 -0600
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 03:58 -0700, Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> The 44 is a 6.3 volt 0.25 amp higher current and usually indicates more heat
> being dissipated.

Not usually. Its certain the 44 dissipates more heat. All tungsten lamps
put out mostly heat with a little light.

> I will stick with the 755.  The brightness on the TT amp and Omni meters
> appear to match that on the 755 in the auto tuner.

So be it.

> The 51 is 12 Volt and a rare one to find these days.
>
> How much more long life would the bulb have if a 51 was substituted?  Yes I
> may have a few of these around as well.  I took apart and fixed a few of
> those radios in the 60s. Tvs had these as well to light up the channel dial.

Like said before at least twice, 51 or 1893 or 1891 running at half
voltage could last up to a century if not broken by vibration.

> What tube did they put one of these lamps in the circuit to control the
> voltage/current to it?  Been way to long.

Like I said yesterday and the day before, the 35Z5.

>  Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

73, Jerry, K0CQ