TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni D unstable digital readout

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni D unstable digital readout
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:49:09 -0600
On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 14:52 -0400, Mike Bryce wrote:
> boys and girls..
>
> I have been working on this omni D now for some time. Brought it back
> from the dead and moved it over to the station.
>
> After a few weeks, the digital display started to roll. The presets
> are there, its just not displaying the correct frequency.
>
> the display rolls back and forth , more or less just random numbers..
>
> thinking there is a problem in either the input from the vfo amp or
> in the signal processing
>
> anyway..
>
> does anyone know how much level is suppose to be coming into the
> counter?
>
> mike
>

> Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
>   the heathkit shop
> SunLight energy systems
> J e e p
> o|||||||o

Counters in Corsair IIs have problems with dried out electrolytics
bypassing and maybe coupling on the counter board. Their counter is a
microprocessor chip, so also supplies the keyer function. I'd suggest
board grounds if they come from mounting screws are a problem in all
radios. Regularly (every few years) tightening the board mounting screws
cures many ills.

73, Jerry, K0CQ