TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion/Orion II issues and new offerings

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion/Orion II issues and new offerings
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:06:59 -0500 (CDT)
FWIW, with the Orion lineage holding the high end (in more ways than one) of
the product line, and the Argonaut lineage holding the low end (but only in
pricing), I'd love to see two rigs replace the Jupiter when the time comes:

-- A direct replacement/upgrade of the Jupiter series in the $2K - 2.5K range,
-- And a high-power (ie 100 W) version of the Argonaut taking over the $1.2K
slot the Jupiter currently holds (think of it as the new Argosy, Triton or
Delta?).

But let's face it, this is all market driven, and unless there's sufficient
evidence that a market exists for these rigs (and that TenTec can find a
profitable niche in that market) it's all blue-sky thinking.

BTW Peg, have fun (again) in FP land, and with any luck, I'll have a station
set up at the new house in time to work you!

73, ron w3wn

From: Peg Haese KB9LIE <kb9lie@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 06 11:37:25 CDT 2006
To: tentec@contesting.com

Actually, I'd bet only a small subset of people on the list give a rip
about Orion/Orion II issues, which is what Ron seems to be referring
to. That's one of the drawbacks of being on digest - delete and filter
don't work.

For future TT rigs, I will once again put in a plea for a mobile 100W
Jupiter Jr. or Delta III. It will take a very good rig to displace my
beloved Yaesu FT-900 CAT for travel and mobile use.

73 de Peg KB9LIE in SW Wisconsin
FP/KB9LIE from Maxotel on beautiful Miquelon July 26-August 6, 2006
taking the Jupiter, 900, and Alinco DX70TH for 6 meters and HF backup

--- ronc@sonic.net wrote:

I'm sure all on the list would agree that we would like to see some
sort of listing on the TT website of the known issues that are
being worked on....