TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V-Jupiter-Signalink USB and Digital

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V-Jupiter-Signalink USB and Digital
From: Fred Moore <fred@fmeco.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:08:28 -0500

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 15:03 -0800, James C. Owen, III wrote:

> Not wanting to re-engineer something that likely already has been done.
> Here's
> my problem! Recently  got on the digital modes with a signalinkUSB that works
> fine with the Argonaut V, all gain controls pretty much centered. Connected
> the Jupiter and had nothing but overdrive even with all gain controls at
> minimum. I then looked at the spec's of the two. Argonaut V 100mv into 47
> ohms,
> Jupiter 1mv into 47 ohms. So the Jupiter is 100 times more sensitive, so
> that's
> the problem. I'm thing of a simple T attenuator  which will require me to
> make
> another cable. Has anyone come up with a good simple solution?
> 73 Jim K4CGY

Havn't had the manual for the signalinkUSB for some time, but isn't
there a jumper inside between two pins?  perhaps a switch added to the
signallink moving the jumper? in and out.  You could also just change
the master output for the USB device in the software depending on what
rig you are driving.. . . Fred