TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters

To: Ten-TecReflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:31:16 -0800 (PST)
Karl you should test the output into a dummy load on all bands.  If the
symptoms are similar on 12 metres and 10 metres then I'd suspect a relay
failure.  I have written up the repair process on my website.

On page 3 of my document there is a photo of the low pass filter board relays.
The 10/12 metre relay pair are on the right of the photo (immediately to the
right of the 15/17 metre relay that is being replaced).

Good luck.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www.ve7tk.com

To: tentec@contesting.com
From: Karl Heimbach <kheimbach@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:53:04 -0600
All, I will also post this to the Jupiter group, but seems I have no power
output on 10 meters.  I can see amps being pulled on the power supply
when the key is brought up or mike button pressed, but there is no
output power.  If memory serves me correctly, this has been reported on
17 meters (and perhaps other bands too).  Receive is not effected. Other bands
operate normally.  Do I have a bandpass filter or relay
failure?  It appears specific to 10 meters. Thanks, Karl - W5QJ