TenTec

Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion
From: nq4i@contesting.com
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:11:28 +0000
Hi Kim. It is a rcvr problem not transmitter. When 2 stations are on the same
band there is an inherent noise generated in either rcvr that can be supressed.
Currently the Orion transmitter is one of the cleanest transmitters on the
market. My aim is to allow a second rcvr to hear at a lower level than the
current s4 level. I am not a design engr but am relating what I know and what
io hear. It maybe that to achieve that would require transmitter filtering. But
some improvement can be had by addressing the rcvr.  Rick