TenTec

Re: [TenTec] swapping a tantalum...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swapping a tantalum...
From: N9TZL <n9tzl@owc.net>
Date: 26 Jan 2012 16:33:25 -0000
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:33:26 -0600 (CST)
I would disagree that "protecting the external circuit referred to, and not the
cap.(?)" I still think it is to protect the cap :)

Still stand by my statement "I agree it can be done in some places just be
careful." I might change some places to many places though; you just need to
have an understanding of the circuitry connected to the cap and what the cap is
doing there.

There is allot if info out here in the web and here is another reference with a
chart of some CAPACITOR SPECIFICATIONS AND TRADE-OFFS, although it does not
mention the inrush or ripple current specs for Tantalum caps. Interesting
comment on Tantalum caps in audio circuits in there also.

http://www.intersil.com/data/an/an1325.pdf

Stuart had some good input in his email also.

73, Dennis N9TZL