TenTec

[TenTec] Orion info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion info
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 3 21:54:14 2003
Tom, W7QF, has posted an excellent overview of the Orion. From the operating
side, mine works both with my 87A and the Titan. Very convenient, since I can
essentially search and pounce for DX and check in the local traffic net AT
THE SAME TIME.

On the other side of the circuit, I just came from a meeting of hams who know
me, and my voice, very well. Everyone was impressed, many with the SSB audio
and several with the CW note. A half dozen of the gang are coming over this
weekend to put their hands on the rig.

And - a local brought his latest and greatest rig on earth over for a
shootout. He left muttering something about a new rig coming out next month
and then we would see which rig was top dog!

All in all, it's the best rig I have tried and it's going to be awfully hard
to equal; much less beat.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E