TenTec

[TenTec] Triton sidetone

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton sidetone
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:48:56 EDT
In a message dated 16-Aug-99 14:45:41 Central Daylight Time, kg5u@hal-pc.org
writes:

> I agree with Doug.  On reflection and deep thought (3 beers), I
>  can only recall that the sidetone was so comfortable that I don't
>  remember it.  So, I can only conclude that it must not have been
>  bad or raspy sounding.

Well, while they sound good at first, if they generate sidetone in the same
manner as the Corsair 1, after a long contest weekend you will be saying
"What is that stinking ugly warbly non-sinewave POS sidetone?!".  I know I
did after CW SS [that previous sentence is a direct quote].  For normal
everyday stuff, you won't notice it, but after awhile it becomes REALLY
annoying.

I would imagine a cute little passive audio filter would clean it up, no?

Jim
NØOCT