TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:41:36 -0400
Gary Hoffman writes...

> I like computer logging also.  And my computer is never so slow that it
> would take 5 or 10 seconds to tell me if a call is a dupe...rather that
> indication pops up as soon as I enter the call...its there as fast as I can
> read it...certainly before I could visually look over a dupe sheet.

True for me also. But I do hear the delay that Jerry mentioned at such
"contests" at Field Day, because operators on the other end are not
able to type in calls directly and have to write them down first. I
don't think that can be blamed on computer logging. Someone who
learned on computer logging and has never filled in a dupe sheet might
be delayed by that lack of experience going the other way, too.

Rick, KR9D