TenTec

[TenTec] Transmatches/Tuners and the 1202 kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Transmatches/Tuners and the 1202 kit
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc.)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:22:58 Eastern Daylight Time
At 07:36 AM 9/23/97 -0600, W0SU wrote:
>I think a lot of new comers to ham radio ought to be reading this
>discussion on antenna tuners and baluns, especially the little primer by
>Puck, W4PM, and the follow on by Clark, WA3JPG.

Amen to that - I have spent long periods of time on the telephone
explaining why the 238 tuner is different from everything else that
is available on the market today.  We have many happy 238 owners who
have "melted" other brands of tuner for a variety of reasons before
discovering ours.

K5KVH wrote:
>One of the best antenna accessory items I have found is the kit Ten Tec makes
>which is a combined HF/VHF watt meter and SWR bridge.  Its dual  HF power
>ranges (20 W and 200 W) have the bonus of being capable of scaling from 20
>watts full scale on the low range to 2 watts at the twist of a calibration
>pot.   At $49, it is a great buy, and its heavy steel case can be used with
>the larger coax cables without being dragged over the operating table.  Its
>VHF range of 2M can also be used as a relative indicator on 440, further
>expanding its utility.

The HF side of the 1202 wattmeter kit can also be used as a relative
indicator on 50 MHz.

Enjoying the discussion,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec